Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bandwagones

So the other day my mom's boyfriend asked me a question. Whats the difference between you jumping on the Harry Potter bandwagon and you jumping on the Twilight Bandwagon? It's a good question for someone who doesn't exactly like either of them, but sees how popular they are. But I thought it was a good thing to blog about.

I started liking Harry potter in like 3rd grade, when I didn't fully understand what I was reading (I'm now a Junior in High School). That's about 8 years. I started liking twilight in 9th grade and and stopped in 10th grade. It's a huge difference.

Also, Harry Potter's plot is so much deeper with many more things going on. Twilight....not so much. I had liked Twilight at the time, because it was a cute and sort of complicated love story. Harry Potter just has more appeal for all ages and I can continue to like it through the years.

Plus...Twilight has just gotten WAY to commercialized to actually like. Sure Harry potter has some of the merchandise but they are doing it more in a subtle.

Plus there is that one simple fact; Harry potter is written WAY better (:

-WITH LOVE
ME!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there :) I'm a new follower! Follow back? :)
    Anyways, I agree with you completely! I admit, I'm an avid Harry Potter fan, but I did also stick it out and read all of the Twilight books.
    Simple facts: The Twilight series wasn't really well written. The prose.. eh.. Also, there isn't really anything special about Bella, you know? Why does she have two great guys willing to die for her? And Twilight is DEFINITELY overhyped. I mean, they were a good light read. But calm dow, tweens! :)

    On the other hand, JK Rowling created an entire world. She named her characters and spells cleverly, and I have a lot of respect for her.

    Basically =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I came upon your blog by chance and started laughing when I read this. I might have ranted a bit about Twilight just few hours ago on my blog (ok, there were more than Twilight) but hey! I agree with you here. Twilight is just .. *stops myself from ranting again*


    If you wanna read it, you can just pop to my profile and read it :) The topic is "I'm Back" or something like that. (is random on naming her posts)

    Anyway, going off to read more.

    ReplyDelete